About Ryan Hardy
Bodyboarding has completely consumed my life ever since I hit my teenage years in 1990. From the moment I saw my first bodyboard videos & magazines at age 11, I knew that every other sport & hobby that I loved at that time was going to be put on hold for my newest life obsession.
My first bodyboarding memory was of my Dad pushing me in the whitewash on a snapped half ‘foamie’ at Redgate Beach and I’d never felt such a rush of speed, excitement and fear, all in the same moment. My days spent with my family on the beaches of Margaret River surfing with my Dad, my brothers and even my mum on occasion are by far the fondest memories of my childhood. I consider myself extremely blessed that I’ve had the amazing fortune to have grown up in the wave rich region of Margaret River in Western Australia.
I believe that bodyboarding is such a diverse sport and is enjoyable on so many different levels. We’re not just confined to one stance on our boards, nor are we deterred by shallow rocks, dumping waves or riding up on the shore!
Depending on your level of expertise, bodyboarding can be enjoyed on every beach and practically every nook and cranny of coastline that we can get our excitable hands on!
My mission at Ryan Hardy Bodyboarding School is simply to share my passion, knowledge and experience for this amazing sport in the diverse coastal setting of Northern NSW.
- Level 1 Surf Coaching Course in Western Australia
- Senior First Aid certificate with St John Ambulance
- Bronze Medallion with Surf Life Saving Association
- Working with Children Check
- LR class bus driving license
- 6x winner Riptide Peer Poll
- 3rd place Overall IBA World Tour 2011
- Box Pro Champion 2011
- Shark Island Challenge champion 2010 & 2006
- 3rd place Overall IBA World Tour 2009
- Pipeline Champion 2009
- Australian Tour Champion 2006
- 2nd place Overall IBA World Tour 2006
- Tahiti Skins International Champion 2000